Wednesday, September 17, 2008

WORLD OF BEAUTIFUL PEOPLES !!!

It has been a rare occasion for me to enter into a world which is of so called Beautiful peoples…Lights…Camera…Cocktail all around…Flash lights of Still Cameras downpouring on the so called beautiful people and the occasion a fashion show…Beautiful divas…models and ofcourse designers where all around media people to give interviews and posing for photographs…As soon as the announcement sounds on the mike which cannot be seen in this sophisticated 5 star hotel…everyone enters a huge hall also packed with people pretend to be beautiful sitting…some designer although with dress looks male but there behaviour and movements somewhat of female…anyhow I was watching all this and judging with my editorial mind…What is This…anyhow I have to cover the event and to file story…lights where putoff…music and lights on the ramp and announcement…Ritu Kapur’s Bridal Collection !!!...I fix up my mind on the ramp saying my cameraman to be alert and not to miss every bit of shots…I make myself comfortable around this uncomfortable world of mine…Beautiful Models with beautiful customes on ramp…I became engrossed in them…my world drowned into this sweet beautiful world …one after another designers showcased there collections…and models with hard makeup were sweating with hurriedly wored designs…I felt pity for them…They are struggling to make big in this glamour world…rich people around with their beautiful wifes beside watching models from every corner…I was saying to myself…Is This the World of Beautiful people ??? Anyway after 2 hours of catwalk…I came out with my cameraman to find some designers outside in the lawn having drinks…As soon as I went near them they came chasing towards me and they themselves started introducing themselves and there designs I urged to have patience till my cameraman make himself ready with camera angle lights Audio Video…I asked questions and they answered gracefully some of them even took my number…I also gave them anxiously and asked myself “Yaar tu to saala sahib ban gaya”…
In the core of my heart I was feeling something else "Is This a world of exhibition where people exhibit themselves…Everyone here is for getting something…Designers to get contracts from businessmans…Models to get big breaks…audience to have the happiness of eyes and Media for News"…I took a couple of juice pegs and went along with my crew towards my home…as it is already late at night and the story is to be filed the next day…

Joydeep / Kolkata / 11th Sept 2008

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home