Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Within Five Minutes, Series of Bombs Going To Rock Your City!!!

Militants had targeted Bangalore in the south, Ahmedabad in the west, Delhi in the north and now the target is east and the biggest city in the east is Kolkata and for this only anything which seems strange became the matter of panic in and out of Kolkata city, I had just back to my office after doing a soft story from Kumartuli on the eve of coming Durga Puja,when I get to know that a high intensity bomb has been found in the busiest railway station of Eastern India…Howrah…I alerted my cameraman that within 5 minutes the game of serial blast will begin as in earlier blasts pronounced by so called “Indian Mujahideen”…We made a rush and when I found that all Journalist whether be print or electronic are rushing towards Howrah Station…my colleagues alerted the O.B Van to follow me for Live Coverage of the event…We within 15minutes reached the Howrah Station…I made a rush towards platform number 21 where the bomb was found…I soon found a large mob and police are trying to identify the object…Journalist camein rushing and are in their respective mobile phones always active giving and seeking information…everyone in the spot was panic and both the platforms 21 and 22 where made vacant so to prevent any dealiest incidents…to my horror I felt whether there is any bomb in the two box covered with red cover,if there is bomb then this is the right time for it to explode and harm maximum people for which it has been planted…after a bit of enquiry I found that the though both the boxes contains explosives but they are not planted but where misplaced by Indian Army,it has been booked with Indian Railway…and the train Bhadrak Passenger Train from Bhuvneshwar in Orissa had carried this boxes via Balasore to Howrah Station…although the boxes where meant to be downloaded at Balasore Station but nobody came forward for it and it made its way to Kolkata’s Howrah Station, where during evening check up sniffer dogs alerted RPF personnel of this explosives…my Delhi office told me to give phono on this information and from my side I clarified what all this bomb was all about. My cameraman took some visuals and some byte and we made our way to office… The whole incident made me feel that how insecure people has became this days…Is our life has became so worthless today that even box of explosives made us feel insecure and may we fall prey to terrorist organizations. If there were any time bomb planted by Indian Mujahideen then why don’t it exploded in time and why this fear of death has made us insecure to live in this beautiful world…Why this beautiful creation of nature has been targeted from its birth…Why some people do not believe in peace and peaceful life…Why for the selfish interest of few people large section of the society suffer…All this questions are needed to be answered…We had to asked ourselves repeatedly such questions…We are the beautiful creation of nature and we are also responsible to maintain the beautiful nature of the world.

Joydeep Dasgupta / Kolkata / 23 September 2008

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home